Mulino Lodge, Kniveton, Derbyshire, DE6 1JR
- 01335 216220
Three well-equipped pods on a wonderfully located Derbyshire farm.
Pitches: 2 pods (sleeping up to 3 adults or 2 adults, 2 children) and, new for 2016, the larger Lavender Pod which sleeps 4 adults & 2 children (or just 4 children).
Facilities: Pods include: A full double bed (space for two children or a third adult on an additional bed), a small fridge, toaster and kettle, Eco-power points, lighting and a heater in cooler months. A travel cot and highchair can be provided. Pet friendly Lavender Pod can accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults 4 children, with a double bed, bunk beds and futon(s) for additional guests. Outside there is seating and a table, your own firepit and BBQ area and a drinking water tap. Each individual bathroom has a power shower, heated from the wind turbine and solar power, a WC, basin, mirror and heater. There's a dressing area with hair dryer facilities and shaving point. The site also has an outdoor wash area for bikes, dogs and boots. A small, central room provides local information, maps and leaflets, free Wi-Fi, a book swap, games and a toy box for the kids. Plus an honesty shop with charcoal, fire lighting and other basics. Craig is happy to take adults or children around the farm during your stay. This can be arranged on arrival.
Open: All year.
Prices: Weekend (Fri–Mon) 3 nights £230. Weekdays (Mon–Fri) 4 nights £240. Week (Fri–Fri or Mon–Mon) 7 nights £410. Lavender prices are weekend at £300, midweek at £310, weeks at £500. Dogs (max 2, Damson Pod), £25 per stay. Exclusive Camping (max 8 adults) £10 each person per night.
We have three exclusive pods which boast fantastic views and are located on our farm on the edge of the Peak District. You can escape to the peace and quiet of our rural farm yet within easy reach of Ashbourne (3 miles) and nearby cities of Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield. We also have a pub within walking distance, cycle routes on the doorstep, and Carsington Water in view!
Our facilities are built with quality in mind with cedar cladding, fully insulated and eco-powered by our farm wind turbine. Therefore you can enjoy our farm at any time of the year.
We can host groups bookings and are also doggy friendly.
Experience the outdoors within the comfort of a mulinopod. Enjoy a homely personal space, open the French doors and connect with nature whilst having protection from the weather.
Each mulinopod has been designed and built using local knowledge and suppliers.
We like to make things easier for our guests, so we have parking near the mulinopods and on arrival collect your keys from our welcome and ‘info’ room. There is plenty of time for you to enjoy our remote, peaceful and impressive views.
We have three mulinopods, Bluebell, our pet friendly pod Damson and larger family dog friendly Lavender Pod
Our Damson & Lavender pods are pet friendly and we welcome well behaved dogs on our farm. As we have sheep roaming around your pods, we have to limit this to two per stay and must be kept on leads at all times.
We offer short breaks and week stays however if your requirements differ we try our best to assist, please email.
in your mulinopod...
● A full double bed, freshly made for your arrival
● Space for two children or a third adult on futon beds in Bluebell or Damson, Lavender Pod has a double bed, bunk beds and space for two futon beds for additional children
● In pod facilities including a small fridge, toaster and kettle
● Power points, lighting and optional heater
● Lots of storage space
● Are the mulinopods family friendly? We can provide a travel cot and highchair if required to make organising your stay with us easier.
outside your mulinopod...
● Indulge in our beautiful view
● Outside seating and table
● A BBQ area and use of a firepit
● Drinking water next to your mulinopod
our eco facilitiesWe are energy conscious at the farm and our eco-facilities have been designed with this in mind. Whilst we all like the opportunity to ‘switch off’ from the hustle and bustle of busy lives, we understand the importance of technology so that’s why we provide free superfast WIFI broadband around our farm.
We like to make our guests comfortable and our heated bathrooms are designed to be home from home.
Each individual bathroom has...
● Full size power shower heated from our wind turbine and solar
● WC , basin and mirror
● Dressing area with hair dryer facilities and shaving point
● Outdoor wash area for bikes, dogs and boots
A small yet central room providing the essential information for your stay in the area (which also has a fantastic view!).
● Free super fast WIFI
● Relax and enjoy the view from the seating area.
● Book swop, local interest, games and the essential toy box for the children.
● Information for activities, events, walking and cycling routes
● Our honesty shop with charcoal, fire lighting and more basics.
● A useful room on those occasional rainy days!
Mulino Lodge Farm was setup in 2009 by Craig at the age of 24. Since then the new farm has grown into a successful business primarily producing quality ‘farm assured’ lamb. Suffolk Mule and Charollais Sheep are kept at the farm which lamb at different times of the year.
Renewable energy and energy self-sufficiency has been an important consideration in the work so far and in 2014 the farm installed its own wind turbine providing ‘green electricity’ for both the farm and guest accommodation.
The farm is also involved with conservation grazing projects in the Peak District National Park with highland cattle.
what goes on throughout the farming calendar?
● Lambing (usually January / February and April)
● Shearing (usually June)
● Haymaking (summer)
● Dry stone walling courses
● Routine management and veterinary work for sheep (anytime)
Craig is happy to take adults or children around the farm during your stay. This can be arranged on arrival.
learn a rural skill...
The farm is a host farm for Derbyshire Dry Stone Walling Association. If you are interested in attending a course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the DSWA website.
The best way for guests to take a sneaky peak around the area is too explore the Visit Peak District website or find out what’s on in Ashbourne.
Whether you would like try wind surfing on Carsington or a less energetic stole through historic Ashbourne, we are centrally located for many attractions.
Not only do we have a great view of Carsington Water, we are only 3 miles from the Ashbourne town centre.
From the farm, there are walking, cycle routes and bridleways meaning you can explore the area without getting in to your car.
On an early evening, you can walk to our local village pub the ‘Red Lion’ (1.5 miles) which serves great food and Kniveton produced cider!
For groups, we can recommend a range of activities depending on your group needs.
Below is a few ideas of local attractions:
● National Trust properties Ilam Hall, Sudbury Hall and Kedleston Hall and Calke Abbey
● Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall
● Tissington Trail, Manifold Track, Dovedale
● Heights of Abraham at Matlock
● Cycle route- Agnes Meadow Lane, walks in area
● Farmers Markets at Leek, Bakewell, Wirksworth, Buxton
● Denstone Farm Shop, The Cottage Kitchen Country Café – Bottomhouse
● Outdoor Activities and Pursuits including Wild Park Derbyshire
● Alton Towers
● Local Course and Trout Fishing
● Plenty of local pubs and restaurants
Peak GatewayMoor Lane, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 1NA, UK
Bank Top Farm Caravan and CampingFenny Bentley, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1LF, UK
Ashbourne HeightsFenny Bentley, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1LE, UK
Ilam ParkIlam, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 2AZ, UK
Carsington Fields Caravan Park and Rally SiteMillfields Lane, Nr Carsington Water, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 3JS, UK
Sandybrook Country ParkBuxton Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 2AQ, UK
New House Organic FarmKniveton, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 1JL, UK
Ashbourne Camping and Caravanning Club SiteBelper Road (A517), Bradley, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England, DE6 3EN, UK